Friday 18 July 2014

the simple things





Happy Friday lovelies, hope you've all had a darling week, full of mini milks, sunny afternoons & midnight bubble baths. This week I've been illustrating, drinking lots of tea as usual, picking out sundresses & floral collared shirts to wear, playing with our little rabbit and constantly checking the progress of our grass in our back garden, all of this sunshine has meant it's actually grown! Hooray! 

I'd love to do some progress posts & advice for complete beginners of how to actually keep things growing in their little space of floral loveliness, a place to sip strawberry drinks in the summer, host barbecues, relax amongst honeysuckles, roses and picnic blankets, a place to dream about the future and laugh until your sides hurt, a place to look up at the stars and wonder what's out there, thinking about how amazing it all is. 

It's so strange, I feel that nearing my twenty sixth birthday I'm actually catching up with myself, feeling more and more like I did on my fifth birthday where I told my dad that I absolutely did not want to be a six year old and crying about it. But then as you grow older you're totally thankful and sometimes amazed that you've reached another year older, thinking about all the wonderful things, no matter how small that you've done and achieved and wondering about all the amazing experiences that will fill your life as you move through it all. 

This summer has been so lovely so far, and I'm so looking forward to all the summers to come, especially next year as Matt and I will be married and that is a new adventure! So the rain is here now, which is the perfect opportunity to make another tea! 

What are your summer plans? Future plans! I'd love to hear about them. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails